Diary Entry #1

Entry #1
 
Good evening everyone, starting this week I am going to try something different. I am going to update my amazing readers on film and TV news from the week. Along with these updates I am going to provide a brief opinion. This week's news stories are interesting ones, ranging from a reboot to some casting news. I hope you guys enjoy thus and please let me know what you think of these stories each week.


Let us start this week's news on a light note. It has been announced this week that Disney is bringing back one of their most beloved cartoons, Duck Tales. The show will premiere sometime in 2017 and feature all of our favorite characters, from Scrooge McDuck to Launchpad and even Mrs. Beakly. How awesome is this? I adored Duck Tales growing up and I can't wait for my kids to see this. My only fear of this is Disney making this into a computer animated show (i.e. Nickelodeon's new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). I think Disney needs to keep this show as traditional animation because sometimes these weekly computer animated shows look weird. Plus by keeping it traditional, the show will retain its essence.


Reboot Alert! Warner Bros. announced this week that they are planning on rebooting Tomb Raider. They have gone as far as hiring a writer, Evan Daugherty (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)). No release date for Laura Croft's new adventure or who the studio is considering for the gun-wielding archeologist, but please stay tuned for updates. As much as loved the reboot of the game, I honestly don't know how I feel about this. I didn't like the first two movies, but I think if you base the film of the newly rebooted game they could build a proper franchise around someone young and unknown. I just hope Daugherty doesn't rip off somebody else's plot line like he did for the new Turtles.


Casting News: EastEnders actor Ben Hardy has joined the cast of 20th Century Fox's upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse. The role is yet to be specified by the film company or the film's director Bryan Singer (X-Men: Days of Future Past). The role, however, has been hinted at being an important one. Now as you can see in the picture that I have posted with this, Hardy is a good looking blonde male. If I were to match him up with anyone in the X-Men comics, my first thought of who Hardy is playing would jump to Warren Worthington III, a.k.a. Angel. Not only does Angel have significant ties to the title's villain, but Angel is a part of the original X-Men (according to the comic books). Singer has said that the timeline for the X-Films has gone on a different path due to the events in Future Past, so the Angel we were introduced to in X-Men: Last Stand could have been erased. This would make me so happy because we will be given a proper Angel with proper screen time. Not some guy who just happens to fly into the final act of a terrible movie.


Lastly some sequel news: Seems that 20th Century Fox had a busy week when it came to some of its most popular franchises. Casting News for X-Men, along with news that the studio is hiring Neill Blomkamp (District 9, Chappie) to write and direct a new Alien sequel. Blomkamp and even Ripley herself, Sigourney Weaver, have hinted that the sequel will be set after Aliens, which erases the events of Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection. I couldn't be happier about this. Like Christopher Nolan bringing Batman back into the shadows, Blomkamp will create and Alien film that isn't campy (need I remind you of Resurrection and the half human/half Alien thing? I laughed out loud). Blomkamp is a great sci-fi director that produces gritty films that the Alien franchise needs. Now if they can only bring back Michael Biehn as Hicks, then all will be right in the Alien world.


Like I said, let me know what you guys think about this week's news and stayed tuned for next week's Diary Entry.




Comments

Popular Posts